Download a PDF copy
SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL Server, SQLite, ODBC, JDBC, NoSQL
- Digital Cinema:
Clipster, Colorfront, Doremi, Wailua, Interop, SMPTE, IMF, Aspera, Signiant, Stornext
- Deluxe Technicolor Digital Cinema
Director, Global Data Architecture 07/2016 – Present
- Designed and implemented robust architecture and workflows for data management and transmission.
- Solved complex technology and development challenges.
- Optimized and scaled workflows to achieve commercial levels of stability, robustness, and performance.
- Developed secure workflows and automation to allow for efficient and accurate data transmission.
- Drove technical innovations for data management and transmission through strategic planning and research.
- Remained up-to-date on new technologies, products, standards, and opportunities.
- Provided development teams with insight and guidance on production workflows and automation goals.
- Created new opportunities, revenue streams, and directions for the company.
- Provided guidance on hardware/software performance and tuning for high speed production workflows.
- Facilitated effective, comprehensive, and consistent communication with clients, operations, and executive staff.
- Developed proposals, business models, financial analysis, and technical data for new projects.
- Provided oversight and guidance to the data operations department.
- Deluxe Technicolor Digital Cinema
Manager, Data Operations & Architecture 07/2015 – 07/2016
- Managed a team 13 of highly skilled data operators, providing 24/7/365 coverage.
- Defined the architecture of the the storage environments for mastering and distribution.
- Monitored and optimized the health and performance of the storage environments.
- Established data transmission workflows with a multitude of companies.
- Developed secure workflows to prevent mishandling of client content, and provide an audit trail.
- Oversaw the expansion of archiving workflows to capture new revenue streams.
- Developed workflow changes and automation goals to allow greater efficiency and capacity.
- Provided on-call engineering support to production operations.
- Developed workflows and software to streamline production operations and provide disaster recovery.
- Technicolor – Digital Cinema
Data Engineer 06/2014 – 07/2015
Data Operator 07/2013 – 06/2014
- Provided engineering support to all departments, with a focus on software configuration and troubleshooting.
- Developed scripts and software to automate processes, improve workflows, and provide data verification.
- Designed, implemented, and documented an automated archive system for DCPs using an LTO tape library.
- Created DCP analysis library to provide license-free validation of DCPs.
- Configured a new Stornext SAN environment with 36 clients operating over fibre channel and ethernet.
- Defined a SAN layout and structure to allow operators and automation to quickly locate relevant data.
- Hardened servers, workstations, infrastructure, and workflows to adhere to Marvel security requirements.
- Developed workflows to efficiently use available hardware and operators, while meeting security obligations.
- Evaluated new software/hardware for its potential use in digital cinema workflows, and advised on purchasing.
- Interfaced with software development team to provide workflow information and business knowledge.
- Tasker’s Well Company
Information Technology Manager
May 2002 – June 2013
- Configured software solutions for accounting, inventory management, invoicing, scheduling, and backup.
- Provided technical support to all staff, and maintained all hardware and software.
- Implemented a database driven application to store data and submit forms to state reporting agencies.
- Created promotional materials and coordinated online and offline advertising campaigns.
- Designed and maintained the company website.
Consultant | Enron, Chase
May 2000 – August 2001
- Modeled and documented business processes for online commodities trading, as used in EnronOnline.
- Designed and developed an improved architecture and design for the second version of EnronOnline.
- Designed and implemented an instant messaging and email system and integrated it into EnronOnline.
- Trained Enron developers in J2EE Technologies, and to maintain and extend the EnronOnline codebase.
- Developed a unified build system for several projects; decreased compilation times by up to a factor of 20.
- Researched, developed, and documented libraries for use in an online banking application.
- Rochester Institute of Technology
Senior Software Engineer | Finance & Administration Systems & Technology
September 1999 – May 2000 | August 2001 – December 2001
- Led a team of 4 developers in the creation of web based applications using J2EE and Oracle technologies.
- Conceptualized and created a framework to facilitate the rapid creation and deployment of applications.
- Created comprehensive and detailed technical design documents.
- Performed analysis on and enhancement of software process and development procedures.
- Conducted resource estimation and planning for current and future projects.
- Provided support, troubleshooting, and maintenance for dozens of software products.
May 2012 – Present
- Officially endorsed tool for creation, management, and PDF export of data for the tabletop role-playing game Exalted. Standalone Java application, cross-platform, open source, ~5000 active users.
- Fixed dozens of bugs, added numerous new features.
- Rewrote the build system to work on all platforms and deploy to all platforms.
- Migrated the project to Java7, with a bundled JRE packaged as part of the distribution.